MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR WORLD DIGESTIVE HEALTH DAY
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): "Navigating Evolving Therapies in an Evolving Disease"
Since 2005, the World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) has convened World Digestive Health Day (WDHD), a yearlong global, public health, advocacy and awareness campaign. While WDHD is formally marked on 29th May globally, the momentum of the campaign and its component activities begin to take place at the beginning of each year and continue in earnest for the full 12-month period, and even extend into the next year!
|Join WGO in Raising Awareness for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)|
In 2017, WGO will raise awareness of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Navigating Evolving Therapies in an Evolving Disease. WDHD 2017 will provide gastroenterologists, patients and the lay public, with an understanding of the latest basic and clinical research in the pathogenesis, investigation, and treatment of IBD. In addition, WDHD will seek to translate research into clinical practice and facilitate communication between physicians, pharmacists, allied health professionals, healthcare payers and the public. WGO wants to ensure that patients receive appropriate dietary and lifestyle advice as well as appropriate investigations and treatment, relevant to their condition and circumstance. Also, WGO wants to ensure awareness of the disease and its management is raised in countries where IBD is being increasingly and newly diagnosed. For more information on WDHD 2017, click to read the official campaign message from the WDHD 2017 Chair, Dr. Charles Bernstein (Canada).
We invite you to begin planning your WDHD 2017 event today! To request a copy of the WDHD 2017 logo for use in promoting this year's campaign or to submit event details, visit: http://www.worldgastroenterology.org/forms/submit-event.php. Your event will be placed on the official WDHD 2017 webpage and the WGO "Meetings and Events" calendar. Below are some ways that you can promote World Digestive Health Day in your community.
- Host an academic conference or symposium featuring scientific programs, plenaries, poster presentations,
forums on IBD.
- Create toolkits for healthcare professionals and the general public.
- Organize a public awareness campaign and disseminate campaign materials through blogs, podcasts, videos,
- Create your own way to take action throughout the WDHD 2017 campaign!
- Host a walk-a-thon fundraiser to rally your community in support of WDHD 2017.
- Generate awareness of IBD by developing a social media campaign.
- Engage your local media with public service announcements, press releases, radio advertisements, etc.
- Create your own way to celebrate WDHD 2017!
Don't forget to visit the WDHD 2017 campaign homepage to explore new information, tools, and resources related to IBD made available throughout the year.