The WGO and TSG Training Center in Turkey
The WGO and TSG Training Center in Ankara, Turkey, was inaugurated on 10 December 2013 in the newly renovated building that also houses the Turkish Society of Gastroenterology. The Training Center is under the direction of Prof. A. Kadir Dökmeci.
The Training Center mission is:
- To give gastroenterology training to trainees from countries where this training is not available or suboptimal. The targeted countries are central Asian countries of the former Soviet Union such as Azarbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan. Formal gastroenterology training does not exist in any of these countries. Further, several countries located in the west (some Balkan countries) and east of Turkey (some countries in the Middle East and Africa) are also targeted.
- To improve the learning process through effective teaching activities: conferences, discussions, workshops with animal models and electronic simulators, live demonstrations with patients, tutorials and interactive video and computer programs.
- To provide modern learning tools to trainees.
- To promote interaction between regional and international experts and gastroenterology and endoscopy associations.
The center is in the private building of Turkish Society of Gastroenterology which is located in the center of Ankara. The Training Center has 6 rooms, a conference room and a library of its own. Each trainee will have a one year training program in gastroenterology at one of the Gastroenterology Departments of the three university hospitals in Ankara (Ankara, Hacettepe or Gazi Universities). The training program will last for 12 months. The program will cover clinical gastroenterology, hepatology and gastrointestinal endoscopy. The center will provide accommodation and a monthly scholarship of $500 for each trainee.
Areas of Training:
- Clinical gastroenterology and hepatology
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal ultrasonography
- Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS)
- GI motility
Training Center Director
Prof. A. Kadir Dökmeci
For information on courses, national and international trainees should contact:
Mrs. Sinem Ucak
- Tel: +90 (312) 24 15 11
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org