WGO Outreach Program
The Outreach Program is designed to facilitate the provision of equipment and materials that support the operations of the WGO Training Centers.
- The goal of the Outreach Program is to ensure that all WGO Training Centers are properly equipped for primary and/or advanced GI training and to equip the home institutions of WGO trainees in developing nations so that they may return to their local setting and use the skills they have acquired through their training.
- Liaise with WGO Training Centers to identify equipment and accessory needs
- Identify donors and solicit equipment and consumables donations
- Evaluate donation requests and determine appropriate donation for selected GI unit
- Coordinate the delivery of equipment to identified units
- Solicit and encourage the assistance of WGO National Member Societies for equipment installation, maintenance and personnel training
- Liaise with donors and units to ensure provision of service and ongoing training
- Develop and perform assessments to measure the health and socioeconomic impacts of outreach donations
To learn about the 3 locations that received equipment donations, please see below:
- Eva Perón Teaching Hospital, Argentina
- Yalgado University Medical Center. Burkina Faso
- WGO Suva Training Center, Fiji
Equipment and Accessory Manufacturers
To donate to the WGO Outreach Program, please contact Marissa Lopez, Program Manager for the WGO Executive Secretariat, email@example.com