World Digestive Health Day/Year
Every 29th May, WGO celebrates World Digestive Health Day and initiates a worldwide public health campaign through its more than 100 Member Societies which reach over 50,000 members. Each year focuses upon a particular digestive disorder in order to increase general public awareness of prevention and therapy.
- 2004: Inauguration of WDHD
- 2005: Health and Nutrition »
- 2006: Helicobacter pylori infection »
- 2007: Viral Hepatitis »
- 2008: Optimal Nutrition in Health and Disease »
- 2009: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) »
- 2010: Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) »
- 2011: Enteric Infections: Prevention and Management »
- 2012: From Heartburn to Constipation - Common GI Symptoms in the Community: Impact and Interpretation»
- 2013: LIVER CANCER: Act Today. Save Your Life Tomorrow. Awareness. Prevention. Detection. Treatment.»
- 2014: GUT MICROBES - Importance in Health & Disease
WGO Announces Its Release of an IBS Webcast! The program, which stemmed from the WDHD 2012 theme, targets those common symptoms most associated with IBS. Click the image below to begin viewing!
"We hope, that by naming May 29 World Digestive Health Day, we can create awareness around the world for our profession. We also hope that this day will help unite gastroenterologists worldwide. Your support and input would be most welcome. We encourage all WGO Member Societies to participate by arranging such events in their regions to commemorate this day. We would be pleased to receive ideas from you as to how you feel we can mark this day in the future." Please send comments to: email@example.com"