10 Reasons Why You Should Attend the 2019 World Congress in Istanbul
- The World Congress of Gastroenterology is the premier biennial scientific meeting for digestive diseases. In 2019, the World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) is proud to partner with the Turkish Society of Gastroenterology (TSG).
- Top class scientific program encompassing key areas in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, GI Endoscopy and Surgery delivered by over 100 regional and international leaders in the field.
- An exceptional Postgraduate Course, featuring hot topics in gastroenterology, liver, microbiota, and advances in GI pharmacology.
- Four concurrent sessions daily, hands-on workshops, both oral and poster presentations, and exhibitions. Unmatchable platform to showcase your products. Sessions will offer simultaneous translation in Turkish and Russian!
- Over 4,000 delegates from around the globe. This meeting will provide an opportunity for professionals in the field of gastroenterology, hepatology and related disciplines to come together to learn about the latest research and advancements, collaborate with colleagues and actively participate in this rapidly advancing field.
- One of WGO’s pillars are Guidelines and Cascades. Featured in the scientific program will be presentations on many of these, including: Celiac Disease, Diet and the Gut, GERD, HCC, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, IBD, IBS, NASH and NAFL, and Management of Strongyloidiasis.
- Presentation of the Master of the WGO, the Henry L. Bockus Medal and Lecture to be delivered by Prof. Richard Kozarek (USA) as well as the Georges Brohée Medal and Lecture to be delivered by Prof. Michael Fried (Switzerland). These are among the leading awards in gastroenterology.
- Convenience of travel and stay: Getting to Istanbul is easy! Well-connected air flight schedules – served by over 50 international airlines at a brand-new international airport in addition to two other airports. Whether you are traveling from Latin America, Africa or Asia, the Istanbul International Airport has over 3,000 flights per day. Top class hotels at affordable prices within walking distance from the congress venue.
- Throughout the Congress, attendees will have opportunities to schedule tours and experience the many historic sites in and around Istanbul to learn about its traditions. To learn more about Turkey, visit https://www.goturkeytourism.com/.
- Istanbul, the only city in the world built on two continents, has a strategic setting forming the city’s destiny as an imperial capital for nearly 1600 years, for Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman Empires. This metropolis, proud of its rich history and unequalled natural beauty, offers a friendly welcome and genuine hospitality. Seated on the Bosphorus, some of the most fascinating history will unfold before your eyes as you visit this magnificent city.
Don’t delay, register today! We look forward to seeing you in Istanbul!