LATE BREAKING VIDEO ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
SATURDAY, 21 SEPTEMBER 2019 | 08:00 – 17:30
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, 5 August 2019
Share your unique case or case series with colleagues by submitting a video abstract to the Endoscopy Video Session for the World Congress of Gastroenterology in Istanbul, Turkey!
Held on Saturday, 21 September 2019, this 2 hour session will focus on endoscopy techniques, challenging, unusual or unique cases, and cases in the area of GI endoscopy. All submitted videos will be considered for oral presentation during this special video symposium.
Submissions can be a case or a case series and should be no longer than 5 minutes in length. Authors of accepted videos will narrate and present their video live and will have up to 2 minutes to answer questions from the judges and the audience. The audience, along with the judges, will vote to select the best video of the World Congress of Gastroenterology. The presenter of the winning video will receive a certificate of recognition.
Video Abstracts—General Information
Please carefully review the Abstract Policies and Procedures by visiting the congress website at: https://wcog2019.org/abstracts.php, to ensure you are meeting ALL submission requirements.
The webpage provides additional requirements related to abstract preparation and submission—including submission deadline, conflict of interest disclosures, abstract publication, and acceptance notification—which also apply to video abstract submissions.
Failure to meet submission requirements will result in automatic rejection of your submission.
- Videos that highlight unusual or challenging cases and those demonstrating novel techniques in the field of gastrointestinal endoscopy will be considered for oral presentation.
- Video submissions should focus on enhancing physician education and not patient education.
- Videos must be submitted online. No physical media will be returned to the submitter.
- No changes to the video (image or audio) can be made after the submission deadline and/or after the video has been accepted for oral or poster presentation.
- All abstracts submitted for the Endoscopy Video Session at the World Congress of Gastroenterology will be evaluated for content and audiovisual quality.
Video File Requirements
- Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Audio narration in English must be included in the production for review purposes. (If accepted for oral presentation, the presenting author will be expected to provide narration, as the audio portion will not be played during the presentation.)
- Videos may not contain background music during the narrative or the endoscopic video footage.
- Only video files submitted in the following formats will be reviewed for consideration: .mov, .mpg, and .mp4. Only freely available players (e.g., QuickTime, Real Player, Microsoft Windows Media Player, MPlayer) should be required for viewing the video.
- File size may not exceed 500 MB.
- Videos should not use special codecs (coders/decoders) in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible.
Video Production Requirements
- Abstracts WILL BE considered if they have been previously presented at other conferences.
- Videos must be HIPAA compliant (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) and therefore cannot contain any patient identification information, physician names, medical record numbers, etc. (Visit: hhs.gov/hipaa for more information.)
- Commercial support for the production of the video may be acknowledged with a single sentence recognizing the company and/or organization providing the support.
- The video may not contain any copyrighted information (images, videos, photos, etc.) without written consent from the original source of the copyrighted work. Please email email@example.com for more information if any portion of your video is not the original work of the authors.
Oral Presentation at the WCOG Endoscopy Video Session
- Presenting authors MUST register for the World Congress of Gastroenterology meeting and attend the symposium in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Videos that are selected for oral presentation must be narrated by an author who speaks and understands English well enough to ensure satisfactory understanding by the audience. The audio portion will not be played during the presentation to the audience.
- Presenting authors will have 5 minutes to present their video. Up to 2 minutes of additional time will be provided for Q & A with the judges as well as the audience.
- After all videos have been presented, the judges and the audience will vote to select the best video, and the presenter of the winning video will receive a certificate of recognition.
We Look Forward to Seeing You in Istanbul!
Don’t Delay, Register Today
To register, visit https://wcog2019.org/registration.php.