WGO New Delhi Training Center
Dr. Shiv Sarin
The New Delhi Training Center was inaugurated in New Delhi, India on April 26, 2015 as a WGO Training Center.
The New Delhi Training Center mission is:
- To induct and train new generation of hepatologists.
- Provide continuous teaching and hands on training covering diverse aspects in the field of hepatology.
- Focus on the development of academic physicians in hepatology who will excel and become leaders in the field.
The following is conducted at the Institute for Liver & Biliary Sciences:
- Hepatology including liver transplantations
- Endocscopy [Variceal screening, banding, glue injection, Danis Sx alla stent placement, and colonoscopy, diagnostic and therapeutic ERCPs and EUS]
- Radiology [CT/MRY/Contract USG] of liver
- Interventional Hepatology and radiology [Percutaneous liver biopsy, TJLB, HVPGs, TIPS, TACE, RFA, BRTO]
The teaching facilities accommodate areas of teaching in the fields of:
- Teaching sessions [journal presentations, case presentations, Seminars, management problems]
- ICU management of emergencies in liver diseases [ALF, ACLF, HE, Bleeding]
- Liver pathology
- Liver radiology
- Virological and molecular techniques in hepatology
- Hands-on training in various procedures of Hepatology [Fibroscan, Percutaneous liver biopsy, TJLB, HVPGs, TIPS, TACE, RFA, BRTO, ERCP, EUS, EGD, Colonoscopies]
- Pediatric liver diseases
Areas of Training:
The New Delhi Training Center offers:
- Short Training Courses in Hepatology: Course duration varies from 4 to 12 weeks. The candidates can start any time during the whole year [at least 4 months of processing time is needed for formalities]
- Advanced Hepatology Training: The duration of the training can be either 6 or 12 month.
- On-line Hepatology Associate Course: These are 12 weeks modules [9 weeks online training and 3 weeks onsite training in at the Training Center] in various aspects of Hepatology, for physicians who have obtained a MD degree or equivalent in internal medicine/pediatrics or MBBS with 3 years expeirience in the field. This is a clinical program with emphasis on patient oriented clinical teaching and learning basic Hepatology.
- Virological and molecular testing in hepatology
- Basic sciency research in Hepatology
- Pediatric liver diseases
For further information on courses, national and international trainees should contact:
Dr. Manoj Kumar Sharma at email: email@example.com or
Dr. Nirupma Trehanpati at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more comprehensive information on the New Delhi Training Center, including details of the course offerings, please refer to the downloadable pdf:
> New Delhi Training Center Information Packet ()
Click or tap an image to enlarge.
Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences
New Delhi Faculty.
The WGO gives special thanks to those organizations for their support and sponsorship of the WGO New Delhi Training Center.