Personal Protection Equipment for Endoscopy in Low Resource Settings during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Guidance from the World Gastroenterology Organisation
Vol. 25, Issue 2 (March 2021)
Dr. Desmond Leddin, MB, MSc, FRCPC, FRCPI, Chair, WGO Clinical Research Committee, in collaboration with members of the WGO Clinical Research Committee, wishes to provide guidance with regard to the utilization of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for the prevention of infection from COVID-19 in health care workers performing gastrointestinal endoscopy, with special reference to low resource situations. Download and read it below!
- David Armstrong MB, BChir, FRCPC, CAGF, AGAF, FACG. McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- Raja Affendi Raja Ali, MD, FRCP, AGAF, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Alan Barkun, MD, CM, MSc. McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Amna Subhan Butt, MBBS, MSc, FCPS (Medicine) FCPS (GI). Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
- Ye Chen, MD, PhD. Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
- Harshit S. Khara, MD, FACG, FASGE. Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania, United States
- Justin Yeong Yeh Lee, MD, University Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
- Wai Keung Leung, MBChB, MD, MRCP, FRCP(Edin), FRCP(Lond), FHKCP, FHKAM(Med), Hong Kong University, Hong Kong
- Finlay Macrae, MD, MBBS, FRACP. The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
- Govind Makharia, MBBS, MD, DM, DNB. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Reza Malekzadeh M.D AGAF. Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
- Elias Makhoul, MD. University Hospital Notre Dame des Secours, Holy Spirit University of Kaslik byblos Lebanon.
- Anahita Sadeghi, MD. Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
- Jean-Christophe Saurin MD, PhD. Hôpital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
- Sandie R. Thomson, ChM, FRCS, FRCP, MB. Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa
- Andrew Veitch, MD. Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust and Nuffield Hospital, Wolverhampton, UK.
- Kaichun Wu, MD, PhD. Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases. Fourth Military Medical University Xi'an China