The WGO-Xijing Training Center for Gastroenterology was inaugurated in Xi’an, P.R. China on March 20, 2015 as a World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) Training Center with the support of the Chinese Society of Gastroenterology. The Training Center is located inside the Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, in Xi’an, China.
- To disseminate up-to-date clinical guidelines in gastroenterology and help the attendees to understand and implement the guidelines.
- To introduce important progress in various topic in gastroenterology. By gathering recent progress in a variety of areas in gastroenterology, either practical or theoretical, we will help the attendees to learn the newest knowledge published by important journals and conferences.
- To implement evidence-based medicine practice through case studies, discussions and grand rounds. The participants will choose the sub-specialty divisions of interest to participate in daily managements of patients and exchange opinions with the experts.
- To promote modern endoscopic technique usage through demonstrations, hands-on training on animals/or electronic simulators. Most current endoscopic techniques are being used in the hospital and individualized training can be arranged according to the participant’s interests and requests.
The Xijing Training Center is located inside the Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases. The Xijing Hospital includes the following:
- Seven wards with 270 beds for gastrointestinal and liver diseases, each ward specializing in one or two organs of the digestive system (one ward for esophagus and stomach, one ward for intestines, one ward for biliary tract and pancreas, one ward for interventional diagnosis and therapy, two wards for liver diseases, and one ward for GI cancers)
- Three wards for GI surgery with 108 beds
- Six operation theaters for GI surgery
- An ICU unit with 10 beds
- Two roentgen theaters where ERCP and interventional procedures are performed
Kaichun Wu at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yujie Zhang at email: email@example.com
Dexin Zhang at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on image to enlarge
Training Center Director, Prof. Kaichun Wu, with then WGO President, Prof. James Toouli.
Training Center Director, Prof. Kaichun Wu; then WGO President, Prof. James Toouli; then WGO Vice President, Prof. KL Goh; and Chair of the WGO Scientific Programs Committee and President of Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, Prof. Daiming Fan; with faculty.
Faculty and participants at the inauguration of the WGO-Xijing Training Center.